Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble changing the length of a wall and wall type

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
NigelParsons4560
3102 Views, 1 Reply

Trouble changing the length of a wall and wall type

Hello,

When I try to change the length of a wall it grows at both end.  How to grow at one end only?

When I change the wall type to one with a different thickness, I cannot control which face of the wall remains fixed and which face moves.  eg: change from 130mm to 250mm screws up my room width.  How do I do this?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

1. If you select the Temporary dimension , click on the value and change the dimension , then the wall will encrease or decrease using as reference the middle of the its length. In order to encrease the value using as reference one of the wall's ends, select the Point -Drag Wall end , and drag it...While draging the point, change the value of the dimensionnImage 1.png
  2. from Properties >Location Line you can control how you want to position the wall . If you position it at :Finish Face interior, if you change the wall type ore thicknes the room interior will stay unchanged . Draging points will be placed on the reference of the wall...

Image 2.png

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report