Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubkle placing components

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lisalldt
1078 Views, 3 Replies

Troubkle placing components

Whom ever who can help me with this,

I'm tgrying to place my range hood component in my east kitchen elevation view and revit will not allow it and when i siwtch to the first floor view to add the componenet it places it in sideways but when i switch to an oppisite view such as south or north view my range hood that goes over the stove in the east view it comes up the right way but when i try and move it into the correct view its shows up sideways still whatver shall i do????

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: lisalldt

Can you post an image of it?

is the component based - like ceiling based, wall based, line based?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
bcarriere
in reply to: lisalldt

I am having problems with the same component. I downloaded it from Autodesk seek (see attached). How do I get it to display properly in plan and elevation? When I place it in the floor plan, I get this message:

"None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: First Floor View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings."

When I try to place it in elevation, I get this message:

"This type of Component cannot be placed in Elevation or Section view"

I have everything turned on in graphic visibility. What am I missing?

Message 4 of 4
bcarriere
in reply to: bcarriere

I figured it out. It was the view range of the first floor plan. I had to adjust the cut plane offset in the view range dialog.Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report