Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trim Wall Over Generic Model

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
aga_obenk
1341 Views, 4 Replies

Trim Wall Over Generic Model

Guys, Hi

I wonder if there is any way in revit to trim a wall over a generic model, so here's the sitaution.

I've modeled a generic model family and place it on my project and after placing my wall on it, apparently the wall exceed the generic model which is not supposed to be happen. 

From a quick sketch attached you can see the generic model is quite like seating bowl in a stadium and what i want to do is to trim the extent of the wall. I've tried to detatch/attach the wall but not working.

Sorry for bad english

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: aga_obenk

I am not sure if I understand the issue. Why would you like to trim your wall? If you make an unconnected wall (not from level to level). You can input the height. If you know/measure the height of the seating you can set the height of the wall to that height without needing to trim?

Attaching only works when other objects are floors, ceilings, roofs.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
aga_obenk
in reply to: L.Maas

Hi Enlint,

Thanks for your reply,

Yep, i know the exact height from LVL1 to that model. See attached screenshot, adjusment in height of unconnected wall will works in wall number 2 but not in wall number 1, unless i edit the wall profile manually ( i guess ). Is there any proper way in Revit to attach/detach wall to a model just like attach/detach top of the wall into/from roof ?

Cheers

Message 4 of 5
aga_obenk
in reply to: L.Maas

Hi Enlint,

Thanks for your reply,
Yep i know the exact height of the wall to the model. I just wonder is
there any proper step in Revit to attach the top of the wall and make a
generic model family as the boundary of the extenstion. Simply like when we
need to attach/detach a top of the wall into/from the roof .

Cheers
Message 5 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: aga_obenk

No as far as I know this is not posssible. Attaching only works when other objects are floors, ceilings, roofs.

Have you considered to make your stadium seats not from a generic family but a (extruded) roof?

Then you can attatch your wall to the seating.

Stadium.png

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report