Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

Active Contributor
twilks1
Message 1 of 2 (178 Views)

Tricks for splitting up a drawing list between multiple views

178 Views, 1 Replies
09-12-2012 07:23 AM

We have drawing lists that exceed the area available on the sheet and want to split it between 2 sheets. I have accomplished this with a parameter that can be filtered per view but was wondering if there were any other methods you may have used? Any thoughts would be welcome.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 2 (175 Views)

Re: Tricks for splitting up a drawing list between multiple views

09-12-2012 07:45 AM in reply to: twilks1

You will have to split the index into two separate Schedules, and then you have two options I can immediately think of:

1. If you don't have a ton of disciplines, you can set the Filters to exclude the disciplines you don't want to show on that half (i.e. Sheet Number does not contain "M", i.e. Sheet Number does not contain "E", etc.) and then do the opposite for the other half.

2. If you're Index happens to be in alphabetical order (or is just Architectural) you can set the Filter to split the Schedule at a specific point using the 'less than' operator (i.e. Sheet Number is less than A-201) and then do the opposite for the other half with the 'greater than or equal to' operator.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.