Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tricks for splitting up a drawing list between multiple views

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
twilks1
2482 Views, 5 Replies

Tricks for splitting up a drawing list between multiple views

We have drawing lists that exceed the area available on the sheet and want to split it between 2 sheets. I have accomplished this with a parameter that can be filtered per view but was wondering if there were any other methods you may have used? Any thoughts would be welcome.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: twilks1

You will have to split the index into two separate Schedules, and then you have two options I can immediately think of:

1. If you don't have a ton of disciplines, you can set the Filters to exclude the disciplines you don't want to show on that half (i.e. Sheet Number does not contain "M", i.e. Sheet Number does not contain "E", etc.) and then do the opposite for the other half.

2. If you're Index happens to be in alphabetical order (or is just Architectural) you can set the Filter to split the Schedule at a specific point using the 'less than' operator (i.e. Sheet Number is less than A-201) and then do the opposite for the other half with the 'greater than or equal to' operator.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
wmahamid
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hello,

I have a project that has over 75 sheets. We are in the proccess of dividing this project into 12 different packages in order to get an over the counter permit for each packgae. certain sheets are common through the 12 packages. the other sheets would be slected based on levels. the general sheet will have to be created 12 times and sheet list will be different from package to another. I am thinking to creat 12 sheet lists and selectivley add sheets to each one that corrospond to each package.  for example package # 1 will have G001-G002-A101.1- A102.1 - A103.1 - A104.1.

Package # 2 will have G001 - G002 - A101.2 - A102.2 - A103.2 _ A1.4.2

any suggestion on a filter, a formela or perimeters or anu thing? please!

Thank you

Wafaa

Message 4 of 6
rodrigo.bezerra
in reply to: wmahamid

Wafaa, if I understood you, I suggest you create a simple text parameter to apply on sheets. Then you can filter in your sheet list. If you need to apply to other projects, create a shared parameter.

Capturar1.PNG

Capturar2.PNG

Rodrigo Bezerra

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
wmahamid
in reply to: rodrigo.bezerra

Rodrigo,

Thank you soooooooooooo much--it worked!!!

Wafaa

Message 6 of 6
wmahamid
in reply to: wmahamid

Hello,

I have a project that has over 75 sheets. We are in the proccess of dividing this project into 12 different packages in order to get an over the counter permit for each packgae. certain sheets are common through the 12 packages. the other sheets would be slected based on levels. the general sheet will have to be created 12 times and sheet list will be different from package to another. some information  on certain sheets that are shared between packages will have to be crossed and labled as "not used" however those same info will be used on another package where I will have to remove the "not used" note

I was thinking to creat 12 worksets and add the corrosponent note to each package on the corrospondent workset, thats way I can turn on and off worksets as I print each package. I was planning on adding the note to the sheet file but I realized that worksets do not work on sheet file meaning you have to be within the view to use worksets. is there an easy way to accomplish that with out having to go to the views. Please see attached drawings

Thank you

Wafaa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report