Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trees which look like two crossed planes

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
octavio2
512 Views, 1 Reply

Trees which look like two crossed planes

I have a site plan with trees which look like two crossed planes when looked in 3D black and white.

I wonder if there is a way to smooth these trees so they look smooth at least during the time that I prepare a PDF of the black and white 3D Site Plan.  If this setting can be reverted to the crossed trees after prparing the PDF, that is fine.  Also at this time I am working with black and white 3D, so color is not an issue, only the smoothness of the trees.

Is there a setting that can make these trees look smooth?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: octavio2

The trees you see are standard Revit RPC families, which use "billboards" to face the camera when rendering.

When in a "non-rendered" view, such as a black/white shaded view, they will appear as two planes as you describe.

So--if you need entourage families that are "smooth"--you will need to create them in the Family editor.

I'd suggest using a Generic Model family template to create some simple extruded shapes representing a "trunk"

and "leaves".

cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report