Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tray Ceiling

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Stephm419
2434 Views, 2 Replies

Tray Ceiling

Does anyone know if Revit can make a tray ceiling?

If so, how?

I tried adding 4 slope arrows that are only 2' long but it only sloped it once.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
melarch
in reply to: Stephm419

This requires five separate ceilings. The first ceiling is the upper portion, the other four are the sloped ceilings that start from the lower portion and abutt each of the four sides of the upper ceiling. Each of the four separate ceilings will have a slope arrow where the tail is set to the lower height and the head is set to the upper height. It does not matter how long or short the slope arrows are, only the tail/head height or slope ratio.

Mel Persin, aia
Message 3 of 3

I know that this post is a few years old. But, I just searched it a few weeks ago to learn how to do it myself and the Melarch response was right. But in truth the Tray Ceiling worked out as 6 separate ceilings:

1. The Upper Ceiling

2. The Lower Ceiling

3. The 4 (not 3) perimeter ceilings that are sloped. Each ceiling must be sketched separately.

I attached a draft rendering of it. That sloped ceiling of the tray in back needs to be tightened up a little...but you can see here. I just needed to get 3 tray ceilings in a floorplan and the assignment turned into a 2 story model...which I do not mind...I am gonna probably do the same amount of detail on the other 17 floorplans in the assignment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report