Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transparent text

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jmpark2
7610 Views, 5 Replies

transparent text

Hi.
We are about to issue the drawings, but we do want to put a transparent text(confidential and provilaged) on top of our drawing. We do want this text to be transparent.
Is there any way to put a transparent text in Revit other than adobe?
Thanks in advance
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jmpark2

You would have to create it using filled regions set to a transparent cross hatch. Revit only allows the background of the text be opaque or transparent, not the text itself. If its a common note you could make a family of it using filled regions then you can place it and edit it easier.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

You can try this technique?

http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2006/01/need-watermark.html
Message 4 of 6
jmpark2

Thanks for the tip.
I think this might work if i don't have colored room all over the drawing. The CAD file doesn't show in background through the colored rooms, right?
Message 5 of 6
jmpark2

I was hoping i could do 'transparent solid fill', but i guess it's not possible. Anyway, thanks for the tip, and this worked out well.
Message 6 of 6
mbradder
in reply to: Anonymous

This method works, simply create a new legend view, write with detail text makign the background transparent.  Set the legend view to wireframe then override on the sheet with activate view to half tone the text as well.  All the drawing underneath is still visible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report