Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring View Templates - RAC 2011

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bwinterscheidt
1431 Views, 6 Replies

Transferring View Templates - RAC 2011

Using "transfer Project Standards", I'm having trouble getting everything to come across, particularly the V/G Overrides Filters.  They are included in the View Template in the original project, but are all missing after transfer.

Is there any other way to do this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Brian,

I just made a test, and it seems to be working fine. I am going to describe the steps I'm doing, for you to compare if there is anything different: 

I have Project1.rvt and Project2.rvt open at the same time. The current project is Project1.

In Project2.rvt I have an override in my Floor Plan Level 1 that makes the walls display with a solid black fill. From this project I go to View > View templates > Create template from current view, and I save this as "Walls in black", and save.

Then I go to Project1.rvt and do Manage > Transfer Project Standards > Project2.rvt > Check none > View templates. ok/ Then, I check, and, yes, the "Walls in black" view template was transferred. Then I apply this template to my Project1.rvt floor plan where my walls have no fill, using View > Template > Apply template to current view > "Walls in black" > and the display of my walls changes, as expected.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 7

Alfredo,

Is this set up in your file as a Model cateogry override, or done with a Filter?

In my case, I have a Filter set up that applies this same concept to walls, doors, columns, roofs, floors, etc. all in one step.

I am following the same process, and don't have trouble with V/G Overrides Model (as designated in the View Templates dialog), but V/G Overrides Filters don't seem to transfer.

Message 4 of 7

If it were as simple as moving this one filter across, I'd just recreate without hesitation...

But I have at least 6 View Templates that I'd like to transfer, with 6-10 filters each, to accomplish various graphic outputs.  It will be time-consuming to recreate...  And then I'll need to do it again to put them in our template.

Message 5 of 7

Brian, my test was with a regular VG setting with an override from the model categories tab. Filters is a separate item in the Transfer Project Standards list, apart from View Templates. Did you check filters also before doing the transfer?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 7

The filters themselves already existed in my new project, so I had not initially transferred them when I did the View Templates.

Trying anew, transferring both at the same time *does* bring across the View Template's filter overrides!

This process created duplicates of the filters because I didn't delete the existing ones first, but, this is a quick fix.

Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
iamian33
in reply to: bwinterscheidt

Greetings.

I have been searching for help on this same issue.  However the steps listed here have not resolved my issue. 

The file I am trying to transfer from is a Central Model.  It had several CAD files linked into it.  Here are the steps I have taken so far. 

• I have detached from central and linked the detached model into a new file.  Bound and ungrouped to make the elements live. 
  • I have deleted all elements from the (linked) model
  • I have removed all CAD links
  • purged /audited the model
  • deleted all unnecessary views

At each of the above steps, I attempted to transfer the view templates and filters.  The filters transfer to the new file but never the view templates. 

There are several view templates that I would like to transfer to our next model AND transfer into our new company template model.

I am stumped.  Because this is a Central Model, I cannot save it as a template file.  View Te,mplates are a key component to our View Management strategy.  I would hate to have to document and recreate all these templates, again. 

If anyone can offer additional assistance I'd be quite grateful. 

Ian Shafer

GHMA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report