Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Room Schedule?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bmillerponcho
457 Views, 2 Replies

Transfer Room Schedule?

Is there a way for me to create a room schedule in my template file which will predefine the names and finishes of the various spaces in my projects? I currently work on cookie cutter type facilites and it would be handy for me to have a schedule predefined and then just select the corresponding room name as I create rooms. I figured out how I can predefine room names in a project and then select them as i create rooms but I would like to do this with an entire Room Schedule so I don't have to create the same room schedule for every project (dozens of projects).

I am using REVIT Architecture 2012.

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You could prepare a room schedule, with all the desired parameters, in your template. Create new rows (even if there are not any rooms in the project) and fill in the pre-defined values, such as pre-defined room names. Save the template. Then, in a new project, when you create a room, use the drop down menu from the options bar, to use one of the predefined rooms.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3

I see. That would work if I started the project from the template file but what if I have a project that wasn't started from the template file? I have tried to import a predifined room schedule with names and finishes but when I transfer it from the template file to an existing project all that gets transferred is the headings. No room names or finishes.

In all likelyhood this scenario wouldn't present itself very ofton as new projects should be started from the template file but what if....? 

We have just taken the leap to revit recently so the template file has been a work in progress. I would like to add the predefined room schedule to the template file and then transfer that to some projects that are still early in development.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report