Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of family standards into project when loading a family

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
fabiosato
304 Views, 1 Reply

Transfer of family standards into project when loading a family

I would like to know which family standards will be imported into a project, like line pattern, object styles, etc..

Also I would like to know, if the loaded family has the same object, for example line pattern with same name, but with different settings, which one has priority, I have seen some cases in which they are duplicated with (n) added to the name, like materials.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
alan.quinn
in reply to: fabiosato

Everything will be imported into your project when loading a family. If the Family already exists you will get a message stating "You are trying to load the family xxx, which already exists in the project. What do you want to do. Your choices are 1. Overwrite the existing version or 2. Overwrite the existing version and its parameters.

As for loading same names, materials, line types, etc. typically everything in your project will take priority. Revit will see the incoming item and tell you that its already exists and in some cases it will re-label to avoid confusion. However, it depends on the item and what'how you are loading it.

Hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report