Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toposurfaces

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
176 Views, 2 Replies

Toposurfaces

Anyone know why Revit will not allow a new toposurface to be created on the site plan view when an existing one has been deleted? I decided to delete a toposurface in order the redraw it. If I select the "Toposurface" tool, the "Place Point" tool becomes active, and the site plan goes gray as usual, but when I start trying to add points, none appear when I click to set them and no line appears. Anyone know how to correct this or what my misstep has been?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ChrisNeedhamNZ
in reply to: Anonymous

My guess is that the points are beyond the site plans view range.

Chris Needham
Whangarei
New Zealand
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think youir guess is the same as the one I had. I just don't know how to correct it. I tried setting the "At Intervals of" box at different levels and was not successful at getting the points or lines to appear. I finally resolved the problem and created the surface with a workaround by drawing in the 3D view. Due to perspective distortion, it seems a better method to use the 2D plan site plan view, however - provided you can figure out how it works! Could you elaborate on your idea a little. It's obvious I didn't understand something important in the way Revit has to draw this construct.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report