Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toposurfaces

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
heinerd
308 Views, 1 Reply

Toposurfaces

I have 2 issues relatedc to Toposurfaces in Revit 2013 (but not specifically to 2013 only):

1.   I have set up a Hanrailing to create a fence.  When I place this, it will only be able to follow a Level, i.e. horizontally ot a floor, Ramp or Stair via Pick Host.  I would like to see that a Toposurface can be set as a host for a Handrail to generate a handrail (or Fence) that follows the profile of the site or Toposurface.  Does anybody know if this works or if there is a workaround for this.  If not, I would like to enter this into the wishlist for a future release.

2.   When editing a Toposurface, I would like to have the functionality to generate or place a point on a toposurface that is read from the actually existing toposurface.  This would help greatly when you try to create terraces (Cut & Fill) to place buildings on a site - especially somewhat steeper sites.  Again, is there some workaround for this, appart from creating a row of spotheights under annotate and then edit the points to these values.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
heinerd
in reply to: heinerd

Issue No. 2 is resolved - when placing a new point on the toposurface, make sure that relative to surface is selected as opposed to absolute elevation.  It then works exactly as I want it to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report