Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toposurface through house

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
metalmulisha420
2505 Views, 3 Replies

toposurface through house

im trying to make a house that has a daylight basement and the ground plane slopes but it goes through my basement im just learning the program im in a cad class at my high school. if any one can help me id like that.
thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: metalmulisha420

You need to place a topography pad. Have a look in your help files on how to use pads. "metalmulisha420" wrote in message news:17366721.1083597328292.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > im trying to make a house that has a daylight basement and the ground plane slopes but it goes through my basement im just learning the program im in a cad class at my high school. if any one can help me id like that. > thanks
Message 3 of 4

You need a 'pad'. Pads in Revit cut the topo uniformly to a certain flat depth to signify the building 'pad', which is typically under the floor slab and foundation and is made up of gravel or tamped earth.

Look on the Site tab on the Design Bar and you'll see a pad tool there. Try drawing some over your topo and you'll see what I'm talking about. Then put a pad under your house's foundation, and the ground will be cut properly for your basement (just like real life 🙂 )

Good luck!
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: metalmulisha420

If the site plan you are trying to get rid of is in the floor plan level, you can just turn off the "site" check box in the properties area. If it is for 3D, elevations or if you do want the site on the outside of the structure you will have to do as the other posts stated and use the pad command. Also see www.zoogdesign.com for all sorts of info and help! lmulisha420" wrote in message news:17366721.1083597328292.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > im trying to make a house that has a daylight basement and the ground plane slopes but it goes through my basement im just learning the program im in a cad class at my high school. if any one can help me id like that. > thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report