Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TopoSurface query with tunnel

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
795 Views, 3 Replies

TopoSurface query with tunnel

I've created a model that incorporates an underground tunnel linking two buildings. Today I created a surface to the garden using 'toposurface', so that the revit model sits correctly in the landscape, with the 2 buildings above ground and the tunnel below. However, looking at my sections and cut elevations, the earth hatching has somehow spilled into the tunnel. What am I doing wrong, or more importantly, how can correct this? Regards Damian (most impressed with Revit, using for 6 days now)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Steve_Stafford
in reply to: Anonymous

Check out the building pad feature in the site tools...it's like a floor except it has the ability to raise or lower the site surface which will remove (excavate) the site out of your tunnel. Also the fill you see, the depth of it, can be controlled via Tools>Site Settings

HTH
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Steve. I've tried the PAD feature, but this only raises / lowers the top surface, not the bottom surface. With my design, I want the top surface to remain flat and flow over the site (and tunnel) but I need to raise the 'base' of the toposurface (or pad?) so that the earth hatching goes over the top of the tunnel but not within or into the tunnel. I've tried to raise the whole toposurface in a section view, thinking this would raise the whole element so that the base of the hatching would then sit on the top of the tunnel, and then I could lower the top surface, but when I go to raise the whole toposurface the bottom remains in place (at the bottom of the tunnel), thereby stretching the element vertically. Still stuck Damian "Steve_Stafford" wrote in message news:33381944.1083123729565.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Check out the building pad feature in the site tools...it's like a floor except it has the ability to raise or lower the site surface which will remove (excavate) the site out of your tunnel. Also the fill you see, the depth of it, can be controlled via Tools>Site Settings > > HTH
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

As a workaround, I would go to settings>site settings and have no pattern for topo. Then, in you sections and cut elevations, use a filled region to show earth. AL > Steve. > > I've tried the PAD feature, but this only raises / lowers the top surface, > not the bottom surface. > > With my design, I want the top surface to remain flat and flow over the site > (and tunnel) but I need to raise the 'base' of the toposurface (or pad?) so > that the earth hatching goes over the top of the tunnel but not within or > into the tunnel. > > I've tried to raise the whole toposurface in a section view, thinking this > would raise the whole element so that the base of the hatching would then > sit on the top of the tunnel, and then I could lower the top surface, but > when I go to raise the whole toposurface the bottom remains in place (at the > bottom of the tunnel), thereby stretching the element vertically. > > Still stuck > > Damian > > "Steve_Stafford" wrote in message > news:33381944.1083123729565.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > >>Check out the building pad feature in the site tools...it's like a floor > > except it has the ability to raise or lower the site surface which will > remove (excavate) the site out of your tunnel. Also the fill you see, the > depth of it, can be controlled via Tools>Site Settings > >>HTH > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report