Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toposurface on AutoCad Trace

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1057 Views, 6 Replies

Toposurface on AutoCad Trace

Hi,

I have my site plan already drew in Autocad but when i import it and try to add a Toposurface it doesnt work.

Is there any way of tracing the autocad drawing in Revit whlist adding Toposurface?

Thanks,

Paul

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

The AutoCad .dwg will need to have 3D Polylines at their correct Z elevations.

Once these are established, import the .dwg into a Site Plan View in Revit.

Using the Site>Create Toposurface from Import tool, click th imported .dwg and Revit will generate the 3D surface automatically. Be sure to check the appropriate layers in the box when prompted to select which layers the 3D surface is generated from.

You can also use Points to generate a 3D toposurface from a .dwg, but this is a much more tedious and time consuming effort.

cheers

Message 3 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

Sites from AutoCAD can be converted into Revit sites by either one of the following methods:

1) From a 3d drawing in AutoCAD, generate a list of points in a .csv file, and then, in Revit, create a site by specifying the points file. This is the most accurate method, recommended for complex sites.

2) Import a 3d drawing from AutoCAD into Revit, then create the site in Revit by specifying that import instance.

For more info, please refer to the Help documents:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2012/Help/Revit_User's_Guide/0140-Prelimin140/0175-Site_Des17...

Edit: Oops, Cliff, we were typing at the same time... . 🙂

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Alf,

The csv method is a good one--forgot about that, since we hardly ever use it! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply.

I am only looking my Autocad site plan to trace over in Revit to eliminate having to start from stratch.

Thanks,

Paul

Message 6 of 7
Alfredo_Medina

The methods have been described in reply # 2 and reply # 3 above.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 7
ljhudson
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

How do you generate the .csv file ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report