I've checked the visibility/graphics override and all is well there. The view range is set so that the topo should be viewable, but I cannot see the toposurface. Is there any other parameters I need to be aware of when trying to view the toposurface?
Try typing za for zoom all to see if shows up. Make sure the topo autocad
file is not located way out in space somewhere, that is make sure it is near
0,0 in autocad prior to importing the file Those are just a few initial
"craigj000" wrote in message news:email@example.com...
> I've checked the visibility/graphics override and all is well there. The
> view range is set so that the topo should be viewable, but I cannot see
> the toposurface. Is there any other parameters I need to be aware of when
> trying to view the toposurface?
When I placed the toposurface I was careful to place it at 150mm below the finished floor level of the warehouse. This shows up in the right spot when lookin at the building and surrounding area in 3D, and when looking in plan view at say the roof apex height (around 12m from ground level), but on other certain levels like the second floor level the topo disappears. I didn't import a CAD file to do the topo as the tutor wanted to keep the site looking simple for now so I only placed 4 spot elevations at either edge of the property boundary to create a flat site. I have checked the phase filters as well and they are all in order, i.e. the phase filter for the roof level where I can view the topo has the same settings as the second floor level where I cannot see the topo. The site plan also shares the same phase settings. The view on the site plan has been changed to "show all" and the topo setting is set on phase 1.
The only thing I can tell that is different with the site plan compared to a view that I can see the topo in is that in the instance properties of the site plan under the graphics parameter, there is a parameter called "detail number" which is set to 1. There is no parameter like this in the other view where I can see the toposurface.
I'm not 100% sure how I did it, but I've managed to get the topo surface working. I think it had something to do with the site plan view template, but cannot put my finger on exactly what it was that was affecting the visibility of the toposurface. Thanks for the advice none the less.