Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toposurface from 'import instance'

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
avdm
669 Views, 4 Replies

Toposurface from 'import instance'

In Revit 9.0 I easily create a toposurface from the 'import instance' function. In Revit 9.1 however, I follow exactly the same steps, but it is impossible to create the toposurface, as the imported drawing does not want to highlight (or do anything when you move the cursor over it) once I have selected the 'import instance' function. IE i follow the Help file step by step and get a result in 9.0 but no result in 9.1...What's going on, does anyone know?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
melarch
in reply to: avdm

I am guessing that you imported your DWG into the current view when importing it. I had the same problem and deduced that the factory made a change that you now have to import the DWG into every view inorder to select it.

Mel Persin, AIA
Message 3 of 5
johnhilgeman

I had the exact same problem! I tried importing directly into the sketch mode but it still doesn't work - any suggestions?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

When you try to use an imported DWG to create a
toposurface you need to make sure when importing you do NOT have the "current
view only" check box checked.

--
Jeff Hanson
Autodesk - AEC User Experience
Team
Manchester, NH

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
had the exact same problem! I tried importing directly into the sketch mode
but it still doesn't work - any suggestions?
Message 5 of 5
sllana

This is what i call a very usefull answer, thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report