Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOPOGRAPHY & MODEL ELEVATION IS LOCKED?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ISATyler
3816 Views, 1 Reply

TOPOGRAPHY & MODEL ELEVATION IS LOCKED?

We started the Revit Architecture model before we had actual elevations from a survey so we could do a test fit, etc.

The first floor was put to 2'-0" above the project base point, which would be the approximate location of the sidewalk.

Now That we have survey elevations I know that the first floor is more like 33'-0".  I cannot move the project base point relative to the model, so I moved the survey point down 33'.  Now I can get my level markers to read relative to sea level or to the project base point (i.e. sidewalk), but I can't input survey points to generate the topo.  The survey points should be relative to sea level, but the only option I have input them relative to the project base point.

I can't select and move everything manually in the project up 33', because the model is too far along.

As a workaround, I've decided to just make the topo and then manually move that down 33', but please let me know if there is a better way.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
arunag
in reply to: ISATyler

1. Select your Level 0 & go to its property & change in Edit Type the elevation Base as ' Survey Point' instead of Project base point.
  2. Now go to manage tab ---Under Project Location panel---specify coordinates at a point---Click on the Level 0 line in elevation or section
  3. This will pop up a window , enter the new elevation as 33'
  4. This procedure will change the Level 0 to Level 33' without moving up.
  5. Now you can put your topography points from 33' elevation onwards, it will get created wrt to the Level 33' & you don't have to manually move up & down the toposurface or the levels.

Attached a image that explains the procedure

Aruna
School of Architecture
Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Bangalore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report