Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top of Cabinet parameter

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jlspartz
368 Views, 4 Replies

Top of Cabinet parameter

I created a wall cabinet. Everything in it seems to work fine except the top of wall cabinet parameter. When switching the family type in the family editor it works the way I would want it to, which is keep the same 7'-0" dimension from the floor to the top of the cabinet. When I load the family in a project and use it, and switch the cabinet size by height, it keeps the bottom of the cabinet in place. I want the top of the cabinet to stay where it is. Can anyone help?

I renamed the attachment. Change it from a txt file extension back to a rfa (otherwise it wouldn't let me post it).
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jlspartz
in reply to: jlspartz

I just found out that if I place a 24" H cabinet in, in puts it in at the right height. If I place a 30" H cabinet in in puts it in at the right height. The problem is only when I highlight a 24" or 30" H cabinet and switch it to the other height, then the top of the cabinet doesn't stay at 7'-0" from the floor line.
Message 3 of 5
JeffreyMcGrew

That's probably due to how the Revit Family was made. It sounds like the families you're using are defined so that their height is to the *bottom* of the cabinet. If you look in it's properties, you'll see that each cabinet has an elevation value. When you're placing those manually, you're actually setting that elevation when you place the cabinet. This is why when you change the cabinet, it holds the old elevation, and goes off. Either make some cabinets that are defined by their top edge instead of the bottom (which is what I think the out of the box ones are) or simply use the Align tool to 'lock' their top edges together, and then swap to your heart's content...

Jeffrey
Message 4 of 5
jlspartz

That's the problem. I am defining their top edge, which works until placed in a wall and then switched.
Message 5 of 5
JeffreyMcGrew

yeah, so you'll need to lock them together with the align tool or you'll have to make your own cabinet families that behave that way by default...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report