Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toilet Stalls

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
michael_fett
1990 Views, 5 Replies

Toilet Stalls

How do I create toilet stalls that are cuttable? The ones I have will not cut in section view(Run a section line through the stall shows outside the stall, instead of the toilet and grab bar.) See attached.

Anyone have a sample that they might be willing to share?

michael_fett - Revit beginner The attached picture only shows the toilet, because I have it highlight.
Message was edited by: michael_fett
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
michael_fett
in reply to: michael_fett

Do I have to use symbolic lines on the wall? Then turn off the solid partition panels?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Specialty equipments are not cuttable. You can change the family category
to Generic Model.
However, if you are using the toilet partition that shipped with Autodesk
Training files, they could be very old families (release 4?) and cannot be
edited!

--
nicholas - RVT2008
Tirunelveli

wrote in message news:5685610@discussion.autodesk.com...
Do I have to use symbolic lines on the wall? Then turn off the solid
partition panels?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I use actual walls and doors for toilet partitions and doors. I just create a new wall and door type, and filter them out of schedules if necessary. It works pretty well.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

The best method takes a little more set/effort, but what we have done is change a toilet stall to Generic Model catagory so it can be cut. Then Create a blank Specialty Equipment (wall hosted) and nest the Generic Version up into the empty toilet stall family. This will allow the family to schedule/read correctly, but still be cuttable. We've also nested a shared family into the stalls for the toilet fixtures, and toiet accessories, so that placing the stall gets you everything you'll need. As long as the items are shared, that can be correctly scheduled, and by tabbing, selectable.
Message 6 of 6
michael_fett

This sounds promising. Any chance you could maybe send me a sample or attach one?

michael_fett@hotmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report