Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To the Revit programmers and software designers...

38 REPLIES 38
Message 1 of 39
Anonymous
842 Views, 38 Replies

To the Revit programmers and software designers...

WELL DONE!

Hurrah! If any of you are at RTC'10 in Manly, Australia I will personally buy you a beer!

Revit 2011 is a fantastic release, I'm loving Ribbon MK2, love the new rendering modes, love the new functions in families, love the new conceptual modelling improvements, love the new selection improvements, love the new flyouts like Properties (YAY!) love the dual-screen performance!

Cheers and thanks for a great release!

Adrian Esdaile
Sydney, Australia
38 REPLIES 38
Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

two walls, both face out, then join geometry?

"Robert_Grandmaison" wrote in message
news:6380846@discussion.autodesk.com...
Look what I did...

:)

Now, who wants to know how?
Message 22 of 39
Anonymous

i don't understand- what's the big deal?
Message 23 of 39
Anonymous

Nope. It's sneakier than that.
Message 24 of 39
Anonymous

V2, is the top coping on your wall flat and level as it moves on the curve- it looks odd where the curve adjoins the level surface? And, I can only see one side of your wall, is the hatch pattern properly displaying on the back side? Can you post your rvt file as well?
Message 25 of 39
Alfredo_Medina

Vector,

The challenge is this: to have a swept blend wall display a hatch pattern correctly on both sides of the wall at the same time. A user in this thread says this is a consistent bug in the last 3 releases. Bob seems to have a solution.

The wall you posted does not comply with the challenge, it´s not a swept blend. Fail.

Alfredo

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 26 of 39
Alfredo_Medina

I know what you did! Kind of funny, but interesting! Well, that´s a solution.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 27 of 39
Alfredo_Medina

Very clever, indeed!

Message 28 of 39
Alfredo_Medina

Well, actually, Bob´s wall is not a swept blend either. But his solution is valid. The wall is there, it has the same geometry has if it had been done with a swept blend operation, and it does show the hatch pattern correctly on both sides. Bingo!

Message 29 of 39
Anonymous

And, I've put a cap on it...which is really a clue as to how it was done. 😉 Here it is in "realistic" view.
Message 30 of 39
Anonymous

> {quote:title=Alfredo_Medina wrote:}{quote}Well, actually, Bob´s wall is not a swept blend either. But his solution is valid...Bingo!
Well, it's not REALLY a swept blend- but I couldn't have made it without a swept blend!!! 😉

(I do hope the original poster is reading this thread eventually so he can remedy his curved walls in the future...I'll reveal my strategy soon- though by posting the rvt file I kind of gave it away huh?... but I like to make people think...and I'd rather people have the lightbulb go on over their heads by their own free will and thought process than having me flick a switch.)
Message 31 of 39
Alfredo_Medina

Yes, I know exactly what you did. You're the man!

Message 32 of 39
Anonymous

you talking about this?

i don't understand what you are talking about..
Message 33 of 39
Anonymous

Robert-

i need residential construction knowledge and
how to represent construction on a sheet..

how do i deal with that?

maybe i should have went with Chief Architect
five years ago?
Message 34 of 39
Alfredo_Medina

Yes, in this picture you posted, even though the wall is thicker than The Great Wall of China, shows the problem in the hatch pattern that the user was reporting as a bug.

Message 35 of 39
Anonymous

okay i think is see what you are talking about.. lol
Message 36 of 39
Alfredo_Medina

Don't you see the blocks getting smaller as they get closer to the short end? Blocks are not made of plastic. That's the bug.

Message 37 of 39
Anonymous

i still don't see any bug.. unless this is without
that bug or something.. Edited by: Discussion_Admin on Apr 27, 2010 10:22 AM
Message 38 of 39
Anonymous

Right, which is what this topic has become. What you've shown here is the
exact same work-around the Robert posted earlier. Not a bug.

The bug is when using an in-place family swept-blend, or a wall by face on a
swept-blend mass, the surface patterns conform and distort to the shape of
the blend. This has been demonstrated here many times by many users,
including you.

"vector2" wrote in message news:6380905@discussion.autodesk.com...
i still don't see any bug.. unless this is without
that bug or something.. you guys on that other
planet confuse me..
Message 39 of 39
Anonymous

nonsense Scott- i never seen any bug..

hey Scott- how do you like this new background
image capability?

Edited by: Discussion_Admin on Apr 27, 2010 10:23 AM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report