Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to tag the storefront curtain wall with a window tag

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
diesellam
27707 Views, 11 Replies

to tag the storefront curtain wall with a window tag

I know the curtain wall is considered as a wall, not window.

So what's the best way to tag each panel of the curtain wall? 

I did some research.  Some suggested to create a customized tag that looks like window tag and it will tag each panel of the curtain wall.

Is it the best solution?  If so, how do you customize it?

Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: diesellam

To tag each panel of a curtain wall, load a curtain panel tag, and then use "tag all", and select the curtain panel tag.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 12
diesellam
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks for the response.

How can I make the curtain wall tag to look like window tag.

Message 4 of 12
Alfredo_Medina

Select a curtain panel tag > Edit family > Edit the geometry, load into project, or save as and load into project.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 12
diesellam

Thanks, it works.

Message 6 of 12
bfallon

This is an old discussion, but I followed your suggested method and found that I couldn't mark each different type of configuration with a different notation - they were all tied together.  Any suggestions on how to make each different?

Message 7 of 12
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: bfallon

Can you expand on that a little more? It's not clear to me what you are trying to tag and how.

Message 8 of 12
bfallon

We have drawn storefront windows using the storefront wall and I'd like to tag the storefront windows to reference the window type.  We have about 8 different configurations and would like to reference each configuration as a separate window, just like we would with a window. However, with the storefront windows reading as walls, there's just not an easy way to tag them as windows and I'm looking for the best practice to do so in revit.  Please let me know if this is clearer and if you need any more information.

Thanks.

Message 9 of 12
Alfredo_Medina

Then, that's a different case than the original topic of this thread, which was about tagging the panels of the curtain wall, with a tag that looks like a window tag. What you are saying now is about tagging the whole curtain wall as a window. In that case, I would save each curtain wall as a different type, and tag the curtain wall with a wall tag by type mark. If necessary, you could modify the appearance of that wall tag.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

have the tag that looks like window tag but this storefront/curtain wall still not showing in the schedule.  Help! 

Message 11 of 12
Barbmac

SELECT EACH CURTAIN WALL OR STORE FRONT AND DUPLICATE AND RENAME (USING THE NAME OF THE UNIT) I.E. CW1; CW2 ETC OR SF1; SF2.  THEN PUT THE SAME NUMBER IN THE PROPERTIES UNDER MARK - CW1 AND IT WILL TAG THAT ONE WITH THAT TAG.

Message 12 of 12
adrianna.wojtis

Now that my curtain wall tag looks like a window tag, how do I get it to show up in the window schedule? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report