Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TITLE BLOCKS

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
COXFORD812
324 Views, 2 Replies

TITLE BLOCKS

HI EVERYBODY!

I HAVE A SOMEWHAT STOOPID QUESTION...

I RECENTLY JOINED A FIRM THAT DESIGNS FOLDING AND MOVEABLE WALL PARTITIONS, I REPLACED TWO DESIGNERS THAT WERE BASICALLY CRASHING INTO EACH OTHER CONSTANTLY AND NOW FIND MYSELF PICKING UP THE PIECES HERE.  IN THE SITUATION I AM AT NOW IS VERY SIMPLE, BUT AS I SAID BEFORE THE TWO BEFORE ME I THINK MAY HAVE FUDGED THE FAMILIES FOR IT UP A BIT AND I AM JUST NOT SEEING THE ANSWER IN FRONT OF ME, I HAVE TWO DIFFERENT TRACKS, ON THE TITLE BLOCK WE SHOW THE TRACK FOR THE PROJECT, BUT WITH TWO DIFFERENT TRACKS I NEED TO DISPLAY TRACK A AND TRACK B ON SEPERATE TITLE BLOCKS, BUT IF I CHANGE ONE TO TRACK A IT REFLECTS THAT TRACK ON ALL SHEETS, AND I CANNOT GET THE TITLE BLOCKS TO SHOW FOR EXAMPLE SHEETS 1-4 TRACK A SHEETS 5-10 TRACK B...IF IM NOT VERY CLEAR I APOLOGIZE, BUT ANY IDEAS WOULD BE WELCOME

THANKS AGAIN,

-CHRIS OXFORD

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: COXFORD812

Hi Chris! Welcome to the Discussion Groups!

I follow this as you want to display a Label on the Title Block that is in addition and separate to the Sheet Name, correct? If that's the case, you can create a Shared Parameter (Text), add it to your Title Block family, and then create a Label for this Parameter. Once loaded into the Project, this Parameter will be available under Properties for the Title Block so you can add an appropriate value to each of your Sheets as needed.

If you need any more info or if I am mistaken, don't hesitate to post!

btw - When one types in all-caps in a forum like this, it's interpreted as yelling and some consider that to be rude.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
COXFORD812
in reply to: CoreyDaun

This is very helpful, thank you very much.  and i was not yelling, i forgot my caps were on and just came out of drafting and once i realized it was all caps (bout 90% of the way through the post) i was too lazy to go back and retype everything...but not too lazy to explain it here :)-thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report