Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block parameters

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rpb
Observer
269 Views, 2 Replies

Title Block parameters

Need assistance with creating additional catagory parameters for both type and instance. The out of the box list of Catagory Parameters does not include enough choises.

Is shared parameters the correct way to make this work? I have had trouble in the past linking the shared parameters between the Title Block family and the Project its loaded into.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: rpb

What exactly do you mean by "category parameters" ?

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
L.Maas
in reply to: rpb

I think I understand what you mean. You are almost there.

In your Title Block you have added shared parameters?

When you place this titleblock on a sheet the shared parameters are not visible. This is because the properties which are available are from the sheet (not from the TitleBlock Family). You will need to make an addtional step.

In your project you have to add "Project Parameters" (under "Manage Tab").

In the window that is opened "Add"->"Family Parameter"->"Select Parameter" Select a family parameter that is the same as on your Titleblock Family, Assign it to the "Sheets" category. Repeat this for other parameters you have in your TitleBlock Family.

It is even advised if you add those project parameters to your template (if used in several projects) to avoid to repeat above steps with every new project.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report