Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Labels

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cseelander
3075 Views, 4 Replies

Title Block Labels

I've been working on creating a Revit title block in our office and I am trying to make it as similar as possible to our AutoCAD title block, but I have come across a few problems.

1.  Is there a way to edit the existing label parameters to make them project-specific information or sheet-specific information?  For example, the 'Drawn By' parameter is sheet-specific by default in Revit, but I would like it to be project-specific, instead, so we don't have to edit each sheet.  Is there a way to edit the existing parameter, or do I need to create a new one?

2.  When I am creating labels and choosing the parameters, there is a column called 'Sample Value'.  I assumed this value would be the default when I bring a title block into a project, but it is not.  For example, I changed the 'Sheet Number' parameter to have a sample value of A0.0, but when I brought it into my project, it still had the Revit default value of A101.  This is happening for most of my other labels, as well.

Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
LisaDrago
in reply to: cseelander

1. I would create a new parameter that is a type parameter to control this over all the sheets.

2. Unfortunately this is not the case. It defaults to the parameter name - I do not know of any way to force to show the sample value.

Not much help but what I know.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 5
cseelander
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks for the reply.  I ended up just creating a new parameter, like you had suggested.  As for the the default names, the best thing I could figure out was to change them in our template file.  That worked for most of the labels, besides the sheet numbers and names.  As for those, I think I'm going to incorporate a cover sheet into our template with the number A0.0, and then I believe Revit will somewhat follow that numbering system whenever a sheet is added.  I'm not to that point in the template, but we'll see how that goes.  Thanks again for the reply!

Message 4 of 5
LisaDrago

As for the sheet numbering - it will refer to the last sheet created and put the next one numerically. You can create a sheet list in your template and use that to create your sheets from.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 5
dkaldy

cseelander,

1.  In the title block family make a new Shared Parameter (text) for the label value that you want to see across multiple sheets > assign this parameter to the associated label  > open project / template > add this Shared Parameter as an instance project parameter under Project Information.  You can change the value throughout all sheets by clicking on the label or through the Project Information.  Add this same label and shared parameter to other title blocks (such as a cover sheet) to coordinate all sheets (tip:  you can cc and paste labels controlled by Shared Parameters to other title block families.

2.  Sample values will not transfer as you see them in the family editor when the title block is used in the project.  If you want the sample value to "stick" use text not a label.  The purpose of the sample value is so you can gauge how the label will display when populated with a value in the project.

Hope this helps.  Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report