Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timber Screens

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gscolyer
1601 Views, 4 Replies

Timber Screens

I would like to create a horizontal timber screen over any window with 90x25 timber slats approx 100mm away from the wall line or a free standing screen with support columns. What is the process to follow to create such a feature? I have attached something similar that I created from ADT.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sbrown
in reply to: gscolyer

You would load in the various timber beam / column families. Set there sizes accordingly and place the columns in plan then a beam in plan, set its offset from the level and repeat. For the beams it may be easier to create a struct framing family and load it in, then you can just copy it up in elevation.

You could also use a curtain wall and create various size mullions and make the panels empty panels. Note if you want something like this at all windows, just open the window family and create a series of extrusions to match the look you want, then reload the window family.

I was looking at the freestanding portion of the image in my first reply.
Message was edited by: sdbrown
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Since it is not a structural object... I would probably just use railing. Danny_Sim "gscolyer" wrote in message news:23009136.1099632391219.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I would like to create a horizontal timber screen over any window with 90x25 timber slats approx 100mm away from the wall line or a free standing screen with support columns. What is the process to follow to create such a feature? I have attached something similar that I created from ADT.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

You would spend a lot more time trying to figure out the railing tool to get this to look right than just modelling it in place or as a separate family. Families are made for this sort of thing. "Danny Sim" wrote in message news:418ecc29$1_3@newsprd01... > Since it is not a structural object... I would probably just use railing. > > Danny_Sim > > "gscolyer" wrote in message > news:23009136.1099632391219.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > > I would like to create a horizontal timber screen over any window with > 90x25 timber slats approx 100mm away from the wall line or a free standing > screen with support columns. What is the process to follow to create such a > feature? I have attached something similar that I created from ADT. > >
Message 5 of 5
gscolyer

Find attached my first attempt using the method suggested.
There are a few glitches that you may be able to help me with
A) It comes in below the ground level
B) Am I able to make it stretch?
C) It doesn't appear in Plan view

Any comments would be appreciated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report