Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tie extrusion to model line in family

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
HVAC-Novice
458 Views, 2 Replies

Tie extrusion to model line in family

I have the attached "Parking Space" family. This basically is the same one that comes with Revit. What i started to change is that I want to stripes to be as long as the actual value. And i also want to show stripes on both sides.

In the original family it seems the "stripe" is controlled by the model line. I successfully added a dimension (pw) to control the length of that model line and that also changes the length of the tripe. So far so good and this also works in angles.

I also successfully added a model line to the right side where i want the other stripe. That also changes length and angle accordingly. But I didnt'find out how a stripe gets "attached" to the model line so that it changes length and angle. I couldn't see how that is done in the original family.

Any ideas?

Revit version: R2024.2
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maciejwypych
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Hi,
When your create your sweep for the stripe(or copy and edit the existing one), click on Work Plane>Set, and in this instance select "Pick a line and use the work plane it was sketched in", click OK and select the line.
Although I'd recommend using reference lines to control the rotation.

It is a good practice to avoid using constraints to model elements.
Message 3 of 3
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: maciejwypych

thanks, but somehow I'm missing a step?

I go to "edit sweep", pick and select the reference line as you say. After I select the line there doesn't seem to be something to actually confirm the selection etc. then I click the checkmark for the sweep-edit. So far so good, but that doesn't seem to make the sweep rotate with the line.

Am I missing something?

Revit version: R2024.2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report