Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is for MEL!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
328 Views, 1 Reply

This is for MEL!

Hello fellow Architect,

Disappearing materials ( yes I have read all the articles),

I have purged my %temp% file,  uninstalled and reloaded the 3 material libraries in order  and the problem remains. When I select an old component ( such as a wall or floor, door component) and edit the finish on it and then render, it disappears in the render. I have also tried giving the material a new name in the dialogue box as well as duplicating the component when first selecting it with a new name before changing the finish material in the structural edit. None of these work. If I use an old component such as a floor with an old material assigned some time ago it will render. When I change that material layer it will vanish. I tried a new file with just a floor and used a stock floor component and the material that was resident on the surface rendered. When I tried to change that material finish I got a grey box. What can I do here? Chad

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello again to MEL and other REVIT MASTERS! I challenge you politely, give me some help here even if it is a stab int the dark. I have seen harder questions answered.

Disappearing materials ( yes I have read all the articles),

I have purged my %temp% file,  uninstalled and reloaded the 3 material libraries in order  and the problem remains. When I select an old component ( such as a wall or floor, door component) and edit the finish on it and then render, it disappears in the render. I have also tried giving the material a new name in the dialogue box as well as duplicating the component when first selecting it with a new name before changing the finish material in the structural edit. None of these work. If I use an old component such as a floor with an old material assigned some time ago it will render. When I change that material layer it will vanish. I tried a new file with just a floor and used a stock floor component and the material that was resident on the surface rendered. When I tried to change that material finish I got a grey box. What can I do here? Chad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report