Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thickness of Topo surface

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
haydenwse
37305 Views, 11 Replies

Thickness of Topo surface

How do you control the bottom depth of a toposurface?  I have a structure with a basement and the "Earth" stops at the top of the footings so that my details show the footings floating in space!!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Massing and Site > Model Site - click on the small arrow on the right corner - Site Settings dialog opens >Section Graphics > Elevation of Poche Base 

It is shown only in SECTIONS.  If you want to show it in an elevation move the elevation line so to cut the terrain

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 12

Thanks.  That did it.

Message 4 of 12

I want to make a transparent (glass) curved roof. But I can only make a curved roof. I would like to ask how to make a tranparent curved roof? Thanks!

Message 5 of 12

Is this still applicable to 2017 Revit?

Message 6 of 12

Change the material of the curved roof you initially made to Glass

Message 7 of 12

Hi,

Can I get a solution for reducing the thickness of toposurface which is built on level2 structure (kindly see attached image )?

Hopefully,

Muhammed K Ali,

Senior BIM technician.

Muhammed K Ali
Message 8 of 12
martijn_pater
in reply to: mk.ali2016

I think this setting works on all toposurfaces in a project, which would mean if you want different thickness´you need to do it in a different project. Then you could try linking that one into the main project. Just a thought, no idea what that would do, I´ve never tried. Try to make a group from that toposurface and then create link from group, edit it there and then reload into project.

Message 9 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: martijn_pater

No that would not do. Elevation of Poche base in the host model will govern all the linked topo surfaces.
Message 10 of 12
mk.ali2016
in reply to: ToanDN

thank you!
Muhammed K Ali
Message 11 of 12
zwebber24
in reply to: ToanDN

Hey @ToanDN, I have a 2022 model where this should be the case, but the linked topography is not adhering to the poche base elevation set in the host model. I am using a view template but I tried creating a fresh cut through the topography without it and had the same result. 

The poche elevation base for both models is set to be -200' so I should have plenty of depth. The survey elevation of the building is 86'-0" at project 0'-0". The poche in the host model actually doesn't show up at all until I override the cut graphics at which point I can see that I'm only getting the default of -10'-0". I don't really care about the cut pattern, but I would like the topography to mask the rest of my foundation below grade. 

My understanding is that the Elevation of poche base is relative to the project base point, correct me if I'm wrong. 

The screenshot from my host model should help clarify. 

Screenshot 2022-01-25 160744.jpg

Message 12 of 12
tye_zaharia
in reply to: haydenwse

I don't exactly understand what is being explained here. I have laid down a toposurface in order to use subregions to create road markings (which I would prefer not to have to do as it seems like it is just extra unnecessary work and that there should be a simple feature to add road markings), and using the section box in a 3D view, I see that the toposurface extends all the way past the section area, which ends up blocking the views I need. 

In the image I attached you can see that the toposurface extends far past the earth and would block some of the 3d elements if I needed renders. I added the site settings box in the image because it sounds like this has something to do with it, but nothing changes if I adjust the information in the site settings. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report