Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermal properties of claddings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
hareim1990
175 Views, 1 Reply

Thermal properties of claddings

Hello Revit-Community!

I began working withRevit (currently version 2015) only a couple of weeks ago and now I have a specific question concerning claddings.

Is there a way of assigning thermal properties (i.e. thermal conductivity, density, heat capacity,...) to a cladding of a building? When using Revit standard cladding it seems I can only adapt geometric or optical parameters such as grid, element types, thickness of supports,... but not thermal properties. The only element types I can really edit seem to be elements that are designed to be windows. Can I somehow assign thermal properties also to the covering elements?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: hareim1990

Categories have their own "property set" or list of parameters that apply to that category. For claddings, since that is not a category, I would use families with the "curtain panel" category, and then use the curtain wall tool to clad the surfaces. If you look into the parameters of the curtain panel template, you will notice under "Analytical Properties", there is an "Analytic Construction" parameter, with a long list of choices for the material, and depending on your choice, the material populates the data of the thermal properties.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report