Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The search for windows

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
537 Views, 8 Replies

The search for windows

Hey everybody,

i have to build some special windows, kind of quarterlight (triangle).

Any idea where i get one? I added some photos of the 2D plan.

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hi,

check here.

http://www.revitcity.com/downloads.php

hope it helps.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

But where ist one with triangles?
Message 4 of 9
ennujozlagam

Hello, go to the site download similar window and modify

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

How you define modify? I never did this before!
Message 6 of 9
ennujozlagam

What I meant is download similar window family from website that I posted and then edit/modify that window family to your needs. Thanks

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

And thats the key. I don't know how i can modify that.

Anyone has a manual?

Message 8 of 9
ennujozlagam

Search in YouTube on how to create window family, there are a lot of tutorials you start from there and get some idea on how to create window family, etc etc. Hope it helps.

Message 9 of 9
constantin.stroescu

From my experience , the better way is to make windows types (and this is true for all types of families ) by yourself, so to be sure they are suitable to your purpose...

Some times from scratch using window template, sometimes as ennujozlagam suggests , using an existing family...

Image 3.png

• New > Family > New Family - Select Template File > Window > Open
  • in Family Editor > Project Browser > Elevations > Exterior > select The Opening Cut > Edit Sketch - change the shape you want
  • Image 2.png
  • Use Reference Planes and Reference Lines (for angled ) and apply parameters for dimensions
  • Create , using Extrude ( or Sweep, etc) the frames, window pane and all other window components - lock them to references
  • Image 4.png

• apply material parameters ( to frame, window pane, etc)
  • load the family into Project and use parameters to fit your purpose

I've attached such a family ...it can be refined , but in general ,I think it can be useful.....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report