Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The family line type is being overriden by the model

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
TcTaylor
344 Views, 2 Replies

The family line type is being overriden by the model

We have a model that is overriding the family line type.

In the family we have it as a dashed line, when we bring it in to the model it shows as a solid line with a dashed line under it. Does any one know why this is happening? We've tried overriding it in view, or object styles and no luck.

I have attached 3 images to show what I am talking about:
In a different model - is what the family should look like and does in other models
In the messed up model as displayed - is what the family looks like in the model
In the messed up model as selected - is what the family looks like selected in the model

I hope someone can help. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
alan.quinn
in reply to: TcTaylor

Without seeing the family it’s hard to know what’s going on. Can you upload the family? By the way, do you get the same results when you load the family into a new project? If you have a template and you get the same results, load it into a project created from the out of the template? What happens?

Thanks for posting.

Message 3 of 3
TcTaylor
in reply to: alan.quinn

Turns out it had nothing to do with the family. The line types were being overriden by the phase they were on.

Forgot to check that one, there's so many places to override things.

But thanks for replying!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report