Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
cjp
Enthusiast
1404 Views, 2 Replies

Text

I am tryingto figure out why Revit will not let me unbold the numbering system in a text box I have. The first line is bold and the rest is not. I have deleted the numbers and reinserted them and I have converted the whole text box to unbold and it still keeps the numbers in bold. Any ideas as to why this is? I also am curious if there is any way to justify the text both left and right. The quick look up I did gave me the answer of no, but maybe someone knows something I dont. I have attached a photo of my text in case that helps. Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
constantin.stroescu
in reply to: cjp

you can make two kind of settings for text:

1. settings for  the whole text : select the border of the text > Properties > Edit Type > Type Properties > Text - you can choose here text parameters (font,size ,appearance :bold,italic,underlined ...)
  2. overriden settings for selected areas of the text : click and drag the mouse to highlight the area you want to change > Modify/Text Notes >Format -chose changes for the appearance...

The Paragrah Format (Bullets,Numbers, Letter ) can be controled only from 1.

I've made a screecast on this subject:

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/3d28d0bb-7469-4895-a72f-db2512a2f6da

Image 12.png

Image 13.png

As for aligning both left and right as in Microsoft Word...I see no option

Anyway there is an addin: Text Generator from Exchange Apps that allows more options for texts- ( but not this one)...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Message 3 of 3
treyk
in reply to: cjp

Hi cjp--

Not sure if your problem was completely solved yet, but here's what is probably going on:  

1.  Click on your text note that has weirdly-bolded numbers and place the cursor anywhere in the text.  

2.  Press Ctrl-A to select all the text in the note.

3.  In the ribbon, click the Bold button to remove all boldness from the note.  Everything should now be non-bold, including the numbers.

At the end of each line in a bulleted list there is a "hidden" character that controls the bullet of that line.  If you select just that hidden character and click bold (or italic) the override will be applied to only that bullet.  Ctrl-A selects all the text in the note, including those invisible end characters.

As for your request to have both left and right justification.  That's a popular request and we hope to implement that in a future Revit release!

Thanks for your question and request,

Trey

TreyKlein

Principal Revit QA Analyst

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report