Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrain

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
168 Views, 3 Replies

Terrain

Hello

I would like to ask is somebody already tried to move a terrain from one revit project to another. Is there a possibility to do that? I tried exporting it as .dwg and linking it again but seems to not work :(....other ideas? 

One thing is that I would like to import it in the editing mode so that the subrigions would change.

Thank you in advance!

Have a great day!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rosskirby
in reply to: Anonymous

I assume you mean toposurface, correct?  If so, link it into the destination project, bind the link, and then ungroup it.  Now it's part of the new file, and you can either discard or archive the older toposurface file.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do mean toposurface. Indeed, I did considered myself this solution but that means that I would have to draw again that building pads and subregions. I was thinking that it could be a way to still keep them and change the toposurface.
Message 4 of 4
rosskirby

Why would you have to redraw anything?  When you link/bind the toposurface, it will bring along all the building pads and subregion edits you've made...

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report