Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

temporary dimensions

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mavarholak
2790 Views, 6 Replies

temporary dimensions

I am using Revit 2014.  My temporary dimensions do not show.  When they do, they only show on one side.  I have gone to Manage>Additional Settings>Temporary Dimensions, and tried the different options.  It is making it very difficult to place things right now.  Is there an all on button I can push?  I have also tried closing and re-opening the file, turning off the computer, etc.  They were available for use yesterday morning and have not worked since.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
LisaDrago
in reply to: mavarholak

As you are working - in the options bar do you ever see Activate Dimensions? If so click it and your temp. dims. will show up.

LD

dim.JPG

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 7

I'm workimg with revit structure 2014 and I have this problem but this button (Activate Dimensions) don't exist. What do I do
Message 4 of 7
LisaDrago
in reply to: mavarholak

Hello and Welcome to the Discussion!

Can you post an image of the element selected and what you are seeing?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 7

I have set the preferences to measure from wall faces but I am still getting dimensions from window to window, either centre or openings, whichever I have asked for. Can you help?

Message 6 of 7

If you do not want windows to be part of the temporary dimensions, Hide the window category in the view, the opening lines are still visible, temporary dimension will not show up on them.

Aruna
School of Architecture
Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Bangalore
Message 7 of 7
ydaarc
in reply to: LisaDrago

I have the same issue and I don't see Activate Dimensions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report