Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates for the UK

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3908 Views, 6 Replies

Templates for the UK

Just ahve to say I'm doing Paul Aubin's lynda training at the moment and have to query why it is that the default UK templates we get on this side of the pond are so limited by comparison with what I'm seeing in the training, obviously based on the standard US templates?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can someone at Autodesk post the US templates please so I can download.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 7
David_W_Koch

I am not 100% certain this will help, but have you tried installing the US Imperial and/or the US Metric Content Packs?  If you go to Control Panel >  All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features, and then right click on the Revit program and choose Uninstall/Change, you will get a dialog where you can choose to Add or Remove Features.  This should allow you to add more content packs.  I would expect that adding the US Imperial and US Metric Content Packs would also include the out-of-the-box template files.

You may need to have access to the original installation media for the above to work.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David,

Just solved it!

The Revit 'Add Content was using a default location under Libraries\Documents to look for the .xml files, they were however located somewhere else, at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ContentPacks\RVT-en-US-m_ref.xml

As a result i've been able to install the additional content.

Thanks for the response anyway.

Charles.

Message 5 of 7
john.proth2

I am in the exact same situation. Could someone please post a step by step guide on how to install the extra content? I have tried, but it is not as straightforward as I'd have hoped.

I found the different file location where the .xml files are stored.

The extra content shows up in the different file location, but only after an initial failed installation using the original file location. Then when I try to install the content the 2nd time, I am unsure how to proceed. I tried several permutations of actions, in different orders... and ended up having to do a system restore because I screwed up my Content Libraries console to the extent that I couldn't do any re-install, repair, or uninstall operations on it.

Frustrating, because the UK content library / catalogue is pretty terrible in comparison to the US one.

I am using Revit 2016.

Message 6 of 7
john.proth2
in reply to: john.proth2

I just ran the installation the last time, in case I got lucky.

And I got lucky.

I've managed to install the US Metric and Imperial content, with no problems. No idea what the problem earlier was.

Message 7 of 7
chuksmbCBLSQ

Could somebody help me with the step by step on: 1) Where to get UK electrical-DefaultGBRENU, plumbing-DefaultGBRENU, mechanical-Default-GBRENU templates; 2) How to use UK electrical libraries in US metric Electrical-Default_Metric template. I find it difficult to load UK electrical libraries in US metric Electrical-Default_Metric template.

thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report