Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template for Plumbing Fixture tag

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
IMCornish
2537 Views, 3 Replies

Template for Plumbing Fixture tag

Any suggestions as to which template is suitable for creating a specific plumbing fixture tag?  I should explain that I wish to add a 'Room' label to the tag since I will be using it on a 3D schematic of drainage and plumbing with no walls etc.  So I wish to label a WC say as "No.01, Bathroom, WC".  I  therefore need to add a room association to the fitting. 

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: IMCornish

While you can schedule the room information for plumbing fixtures, the room information really exposed in a way that you can tag it.

You could create a shared instance parameter for the fixtures where you could enter the room information, which could then be tagged.
We understand this may not be the preferred workflow, so we have set up this link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group.

I encourage you to use the feedback link as our Development group is always interested and would like to hear your feedback directly, since you are better suited to state the business case for a feature request.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 4
IMCornish
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

Chris, not sure I follow you especially the passage "...the room information really exposed in a way that you can tag it."

Unless you are saying that you can schedule room information relating to Plumbing fixtures but cannot combine the information in a tag unless you physically add the room information manually in a shared parameter?

If this is the case then I will take your advice and feedback to the Development Group.  It seems to me that anything placed in a room should have an association with it and as you rightly say  this can be achieved in a schedule so why not in a tag?

Thanks for responding. 

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 4 of 4
jamesacevedor
in reply to: IMCornish

Hi there,

I'm happy to help with your question about creating a plumbing fixture tag with a room association.

There are a few different templates that you could use, but one that might be a good fit for your needs is the Plumbing fixtures schedule template: https://www.housecallpro.com/plumbing/templates-calculators/plumbing-fixtures-schedule-template/. This template includes a field for the room where the fixture is located, so you could easily add a "Room" label to your tag.

Another option would be to create your own custom template. This would give you more flexibility to customize the tag to your specific needs. If you go this route, I recommend including the following fields in your template:

Fixture number
Fixture type
Room
Cold water connection size
Hot water connection size
Sewage and waste connection size
Vent connection size
Trap connection size
Gas connection size
Rough-in height
Once you have created your template, you can use it to create tags for all of your plumbing fixtures. This will help you to keep track of your fixtures and ensure that they are installed correctly.

Here is an example of a plumbing fixture tag with a room association:

No. 01 | WC | Bathroom
This tag indicates that the fixture is number 01, is a WC (water closet), and is located in the Bathroom room.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report