Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template creation/modification

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
HomesByDundee
469 Views, 3 Replies

Template creation/modification

Good Morning,

I am having difficulties setting up an office template to become the new standard. It appears that I am only able to save new work done as a template again, not as a project. Is there a way to change this? Would it be easiest to complete a project, then delete everything drawn in the model, then save as  a template? Or to start a template, insert everything I need and make any alterations then save? Does it make a difference?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Cory- HomesByDundee

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: HomesByDundee

After creating a template and placing it in the template files in the file locations (Application menu, options dialog), then when you start a new project by selecting new, start from the template. Now you have a new project from the existing template. 

You can open the template at any time and add to it. 

Or you can just save the new project over the existing template at any time. 

Regards. 

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 4

Hi again, I just wanted to make sure I do this correctly. What if I had a project that was already on the go from before; is it possible to add my wall types, windows, doors, and do all my adjustements in that project that I need to do. Then remove the house only, but keeping the wall types and settings, then save it as the template in which I can open and start new projects from scratch with? Would that be the same as the other option; of starting a new template and adding everything from scratch into that? I tried this before but was not able to re-save as a project, only a template, which makes me hope I was doing something wrong.

Thanks again,

Cory - HomesByDundee

Message 4 of 4
AJA14
in reply to: HomesByDundee

Hi.

You can only save a project as a template and not the other way around.

If you are working on a template, after you save it, close it, go to application menu, options, file locations, and add the new template.

Start a new project from the newly added template.

If you are working on a project from that template and have made changes that you want in your template, simply make a copy, delete what is not necessary, and save it on top of the previously created template (update your template).

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report