Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temp dimension text color change?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1092 Views, 4 Replies

Temp dimension text color change?

Is it possible to change the color of the temp dimensions to anything other than a color I can't see when I invert the background colors? I am trying to change the default settings to "look" more like AutoCAD (ADT) to ease implementation. Autodesk should really consider this with the next release, at least as an option. (they would sell more Revits faster) A cross hair vs. pointer option would be great! I'm ok with no command line. Most of the new CAD generation don't look at the old command line anyway (not very intuitive) Any feedback would be very appreciated!:)) -brian
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No. I think the option to set the background black was thrown in an early release of Revit to appease AutoCAD users. However, Revit works much better with a white background which was patterned after good old Clearprint 1000H. The underlays fade just as if they were under a sheet of velum. Linework is presented in final print form. Implementing a black background will require you to change all the object styles to make things read well on the screen and actually slow implementation. Also shaded views will look bad on the white background and make final print color harder to judge My suggestion is stick with the white. Then use color for just a few selected objects. Revision clouds are a good example. I - like many other Revit users - like to set these to red. The screen icon will change with the task. The standard arrow is the default which means you are picking or selecting things. When you draw, the icon will change to a pencil. When you demo, the icon will change to a hammer. Etc. Revit doesn't have aperture or pickbox so the whole concept of having to make sure the object is selected at the edge of a visible line is irrelevant. Go ahead and pick the white of an object. Also ortho is irrelevant so 100% crosshairs like in R12 would be meaningless and just clutter the screen. So AutoCAD crosshairs would actually reduce the context sensitive feedback the user gets while working in Revit. Good to see you on Revit, Brian. "Brian Earsley" wrote in message news:41667d62_3@newsprd01... > Is it possible to change the color of the temp dimensions to anything other > than a color I can't see when I invert the background colors? I am trying to > change the default settings to "look" more like AutoCAD (ADT) to ease > implementation. > > Autodesk should really consider this with the next release, at least as an > option. (they would sell more Revits faster) A cross hair vs. pointer > option would be great! I'm ok with no command line. Most of the new CAD > generation don't look at the old command line anyway (not very intuitive) > > Any feedback would be very appreciated!:)) > > > > -brian > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Great points. There I go, trying to bring my baggage into to the cutting edge program. Just my nature I guess (clinging to what's familiar) We are very excited to see 7. I would also be very happy if ADT walls would export to Revit walls and/or vise versa. The revit objects are so much more intuitive and architecturally intelligent that ADT objects. My struggle is implementation. I think that is a common one right now though. Thanks Aaron!:) "Aaron Rumple" wrote in message news:416697e0$1_2@newsprd01... > No. I think the option to set the background black was thrown in an early > release of Revit to appease AutoCAD users. However, Revit works much better > with a white background which was patterned after good old Clearprint 1000H. > The underlays fade just as if they were under a sheet of velum. Linework is > presented in final print form. Implementing a black background will require > you to change all the object styles to make things read well on the screen > and actually slow implementation. Also shaded views will look bad on the > white background and make final print color harder to judge > > My suggestion is stick with the white. Then use color for just a few > selected objects. Revision clouds are a good example. I - like many other > Revit users - like to set these to red. > > The screen icon will change with the task. The standard arrow is the default > which means you are picking or selecting things. When you draw, the icon > will change to a pencil. When you demo, the icon will change to a hammer. > Etc. Revit doesn't have aperture or pickbox so the whole concept of having > to make sure the object is selected at the edge of a visible line is > irrelevant. Go ahead and pick the white of an object. Also ortho is > irrelevant so 100% crosshairs like in R12 would be meaningless and just > clutter the screen. So AutoCAD crosshairs would actually reduce the context > sensitive feedback the user gets while working in Revit. > > Good to see you on Revit, Brian. > > "Brian Earsley" wrote in message > news:41667d62_3@newsprd01... > > Is it possible to change the color of the temp dimensions to anything > other > > than a color I can't see when I invert the background colors? I am trying > to > > change the default settings to "look" more like AutoCAD (ADT) to ease > > implementation. > > > > Autodesk should really consider this with the next release, at least as an > > option. (they would sell more Revits faster) A cross hair vs. pointer > > option would be great! I'm ok with no command line. Most of the new CAD > > generation don't look at the old command line anyway (not very intuitive) > > > > Any feedback would be very appreciated!:)) > > > > > > > > -brian > > > > > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I think this is a bad idea and is setting users up for failure. Revit is not "like" Autocad or ADT and trying to make it "look" like it is will only confuse and cause issues. Don't worry so much about making Revit act like your old software. If you really wanted software that acted like your old software, you would have stuck with your old software. Take the leap, make sure that users understand this is not ADT and then give them the proper Revit training and all will be well! My $0.02 Greg "Brian Earsley" wrote in message news:41667d62_3@newsprd01... > Is it possible to change the color of the temp dimensions to anything > other > than a color I can't see when I invert the background colors? I am trying > to > change the default settings to "look" more like AutoCAD (ADT) to ease > implementation. > > Autodesk should really consider this with the next release, at least as an > option. (they would sell more Revits faster) A cross hair vs. pointer > option would be great! I'm ok with no command line. Most of the new CAD > generation don't look at the old command line anyway (not very intuitive) > > Any feedback would be very appreciated!:)) > > > > -brian > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I strongly suggest AUGI. All the Revit users are over there and I'm sure you'll find answers to many of your answers. This newsgroup doesn't have the activity of augi. "Brian Earsley" wrote in message news:4166a69e_3@newsprd01... > My struggle is implementation. I think that is a common one right now > though. > > Thanks Aaron!:)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report