Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tags and Schedule - Best practice for this scenario

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Rob.O
367 Views, 2 Replies

Tags and Schedule - Best practice for this scenario

Hi all!

I need guidance on tagging and setting up a schedule.

What is the best approach when tagging elements that need to be scheduled in the following manner? It will be similar to a window schedule in that we will have multiple elements (families we created) that occur multiple times throughout the project. So we may have 10 of type A and 6 of type B, etc…

As of now, I have been using the “Type Mark” to tag the items. It seems to work well, but there is a second part to this question. I need to be able to break out the different elements in the schedule into categories. So, element type A may be in Category A and element types B and C may be in Category B. The categories ONLY need to be headers in the schedule and nothing more. Is this possible? I thought about creating a new “Family Category and Parameters” entry and using separate schedules (our equipment does not fit into any of the existing categories), but apparently you can only create sub-categories and those don’t show up when creating a schedule (I tried with “Specialty Equipment”).
I hope this is clear and makes sense! 🙂

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Scott_Womack
in reply to: Rob.O

Create a project parameter, applied to that catagory. Add it to your schedule. Now, tell the Schedule to Sort on that parameter, then by the Type Mark. You can hide the added parameter in your schedule, but still use it to sort on. You will have to edit this parameter manually in each of the objects in that catagory.
Message 3 of 3
Rob.O
in reply to: Rob.O

Thanks Scott! Is there anyway to get a header above each of those category sections? I guess the most important part of this is the header describing the category. I have managed to do by using seperate schedules for each category, but it is cumbersome and I am not sure I can filter out more than 4 different categories as it only appears to have 4 filter options.

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report