Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging a 3D View

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
IMCornish
1024 Views, 4 Replies

Tagging a 3D View

I know that you cannot tag a Revit original 3D view, marked "{3D}" from memory, but I have recently tagged a 3D view of my own creation quite successfully.  However I created a new 3D view today, in another project, but could not get the tags to work.  Explicitly the 'create instance' in the right click menu of a Tag family member was greyed (sorry grayed) out!  I then opened the previous 3D view that had been successfully tagged in a previous project to see what might be the differences in the views but only found that the same thing was now happening there!  Both views have locked orientations set on their home views.  I'm baffled, any ideas?

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbcarch
in reply to: IMCornish

You must Lock the 3D View first, then Tag it.
Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects-St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 5
IMCornish
in reply to: cbcarch

@cbcarch wrote:
You must Lock the 3D View first, then Tag it.

You missed my last line "Both views have locked orientations set on their home views.  I'm baffled, any ideas?"

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 4 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: IMCornish

By chance, are those 3D Camera Views? Elements in Camera Views cannot be Tagged if the View is created as a "Perspective" View.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 5
IMCornish
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I've realised what was happening. I was trying to create a 'tag' from the 'Project Browser' rather than the 'Tag' ribbon! Why what I was doing, does not work, seems a bit obscure but all sorted now.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report