Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Tag sill and head height of curtain walls

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Eduardo2012
1335 Views, 3 Replies

Tag sill and head height of curtain walls

In every project there's a special floorplan where I need to TAG the sill height and head height of each window. I'm attaching the tag file.

Unfortunately I have come to a dead end when curtain walls are used because Revit categorizes them as walls rather than windows. I havenĀ“t yet found out how to tag these parameters in curtain walls, there must be a way but I've tried for days and given up. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maciejwypych
in reply to: Eduardo2012

Hi,

I'm guessing that you use the curtain walls as a more flexible tool to design windows?
You can only schedule these values with using a calculated value for the head height (Base offset + Unconnected Height).

The only workaround I can think of, is to use windows with openings only to create openings in walls where your curtain walls area and tag these.
(change the width & height in the window family to instance parameters to speed up the process)
Message 3 of 4
Eduardo2012
in reply to: maciejwypych

Wow, let me try this, (openings) it makes sense!!

Yes there are some situations where I'd rather embed a curtain system for larger spans where the modules have to be adjusted as the projects evolve.

About the base offset + unconnected height instance parameters, would you know how to report them in a tag?

Message 4 of 4
Eduardo2012
in reply to: Eduardo2012

So anyone knows how to tag "Base offset" and "Unconnected height" instance parameters in curtain walls?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report