Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag elevation lock

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
monty.andrea
1200 Views, 2 Replies

Tag elevation lock

I have been using Revit for a while now and I have a quick question. When I tag my elevations and save the file and when I open the file again, the tags in the elevations must shift somehow because they all have a question mark, so I have to go back and move them all so that they match the materials assigned. Is there any way to lock the tags once you are done so that you are not arranging it everytime you open the file?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ccollins
in reply to: monty.andrea

We have run into this problem also.

Try this:

Pin both the tags and the actual walls/finishes to which they are attached. ( Pin in place--gives you a lttle "pushpin symbol" ).

This is not an absolute "lock", but will help in keeping things from moving and the tags losing their host/references.

cheers

Cliff B. Collins
Registered Architect/BIM Manager
Thalden Boyd Emery Architects
St. Louis, MO
Message 3 of 3
etremain
in reply to: monty.andrea

We have also had this problem and it is a mystery to why the material tag, whose position is accurately placed on the surface, shows a question mark (?) as a result after 'a while' passes or a project is closed and re-opened.

Nudging the tag has shown to correct the issue at that location. We are unsure if selecting all instances and then nudging actually works.  We just had a pricing set go out the door with some percentage of the tags with (?) questions marks.  Not Good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report