Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize with central

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
YehudaInbar7952
423 Views, 3 Replies

Synchronize with central

Every so often Revit asks me if I would like to Synchronize with central.  What does this mean and is it important to do? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: YehudaInbar7952

It is EXTREMELY important!  It means you have a project setup with Worksets, and that a Central Files resides on a server.

You are working in a local copy, with your Revit user name, and are editing parts of the model which are separated into Worksets. You make edits and changes, and then Synchronize to Central, which publishes your edits back to the Central File.

If you are working in a team, the other users do the same--which enables multiple users to work on the same .rvt file

simultaneously.

Do some research on Creating a Central File, Worksets, Relinquishing, Creating Local Copies and Synch to Central.

This is a CRITICAL part of Revit that you MUST understand.

cheers

Message 3 of 4
YehudaInbar7952
in reply to: Anonymous

We have one station working on one project only.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: YehudaInbar7952

If it is asking you to Synch to Central, it has Worksets enabled, a Central File on one computer either in a workgroup or a domain, and at least one local copy with a user who is editing elements on a workset--I'd bet if you go to the Worksets

dialog box you will see at least Shared Levels and Grids and Workset 1........................

cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report