Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep with nested profile families

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BEE_Design
2253 Views, 3 Replies

Sweep with nested profile families

Hi,

I'm trying to create a sweep (not a wall sweep) that has a drop down menu (family parameter) of nested profiles. I've tried and the best I can do is an instance drop down menu inside the family (I'm using generic face based family template) which lets me go into 'edit family' to change profiles, which isnt efficient.

Ultimately what I want is a family with a sweep that can go around any opening with the option of:

1. Different family types with their own profile;

or

2. An instance family parameter which lets me choose from nested profile families.

I hope I made some sense, I can't think where I am going wrong!

Thanks in advance.

SY

Chasing BIM Architect ideal in HK with GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16.00 GB RAM, Mircrosoft Windows 10 Home.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: BEE_Design

This is STILL not possible. It has been requested by us, the users, several times.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
BEE_Design
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thank you. Add me to the petition to make this happen.

Chasing BIM Architect ideal in HK with GeForce GTX 660 Ti, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16.00 GB RAM, Mircrosoft Windows 10 Home.
Message 4 of 4
anahou
in reply to: BEE_Design

This day, i saw an impressive youtube video https://youtu.be/q0nf77GN60Y And i can say that is more than possible if you change your way you think and use a different approach.
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report