Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep in Revit Furniture Family

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
pritamcad
1549 Views, 5 Replies

Sweep in Revit Furniture Family

how to sweeep in revt furniture Family templete using 2d sketch path.please see my attachment and guide me how to create same chair?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

in Furniture Family Editor:

• first build an extruded volume like (in left or right view) - like in: Image 075
  • Apply voids from Top view to round the corners of the bars situated in horizontal planes - like in : Image 078
  • Now , you can apply the Sweep ....select the Path...with Pick Path - like in : Image 079  and after this: Select Profile,  and make a circle ...the final swep object will be something like in : Image 082
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Dear stroescu

Thanks for reply.let me try it out as per your advice.

Message 4 of 6
pritamcad
in reply to: pritamcad

hi Constantin,

is there any way to create a 2d sketch path and create a circle then use sweep in furniture family templete.

Message 5 of 6

if you want to create a sweep on a 2d sketch pathe the problem becomes more simple:

• begin a New Family > Furniture
  • in Left or Right elevation > Create >Sweep >Sweep> Sketch Path >Draw >Line (with Chain option activated)...draw the contur with straight lines ..as in Image 1..then use  Draw >Fillet Arc to make the rounded conections between the segments (Image 2) ...then click Finish Edit Mode..the path is ready
  • Now the profil that has to be sweept:

(on the first drawn segment you will see a mark ..that is the plane (perpendicular on path) on wich the         profile will be placed....)

• Sweep>Edit Profil...for this you have to go in Front or Back Elevation or open Work Plane>Viewer
  • Draw >Circle...draw a circle around the red point with the diameter you want the frame tube to have...then Finish Edit Mode Twice.....teh sweep is ready (Image 4)
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

Dear Constantin,

I appriciate your reply.thank u so much.i feel its more esay and understood solution for chair sweep.can i have yur direct contact where i post my mail if requried?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report