Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweep in Revit Furniture Family

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
pritamcad
1551 Views, 5 Replies

Sweep in Revit Furniture Family

how to sweeep in revt furniture Family templete using 2d sketch path.please see my attachment and guide me how to create same chair?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

in Furniture Family Editor:

• first build an extruded volume like (in left or right view) - like in: Image 075
  • Apply voids from Top view to round the corners of the bars situated in horizontal planes - like in : Image 078
  • Now , you can apply the Sweep ....select the Path...with Pick Path - like in : Image 079  and after this: Select Profile,  and make a circle ...the final swep object will be something like in : Image 082

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Dear stroescu

Thanks for reply.let me try it out as per your advice.

Message 4 of 6
pritamcad
in reply to: pritamcad

hi Constantin,

is there any way to create a 2d sketch path and create a circle then use sweep in furniture family templete.

Message 5 of 6

if you want to create a sweep on a 2d sketch pathe the problem becomes more simple:

• begin a New Family > Furniture
  • in Left or Right elevation > Create >Sweep >Sweep> Sketch Path >Draw >Line (with Chain option activated)...draw the contur with straight lines ..as in Image 1..then use  Draw >Fillet Arc to make the rounded conections between the segments (Image 2) ...then click Finish Edit Mode..the path is ready
  • Now the profil that has to be sweept:

(on the first drawn segment you will see a mark ..that is the plane (perpendicular on path) on wich the         profile will be placed....)

• Sweep>Edit Profil...for this you have to go in Front or Back Elevation or open Work Plane>Viewer
  • Draw >Circle...draw a circle around the red point with the diameter you want the frame tube to have...then Finish Edit Mode Twice.....teh sweep is ready (Image 4)

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

Dear Constantin,

I appriciate your reply.thank u so much.i feel its more esay and understood solution for chair sweep.can i have yur direct contact where i post my mail if requried?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report