Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping Levels

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mdesposito2
1463 Views, 2 Replies

Swapping Levels

Hey all,

I need to swap my level 1 and level 2 of my building's floorplans. What is the most efficient way to take the walls etc. from level two and place them on level 1, and take whats on level 1 and place them on level 2? I am swapping the floorplans.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
awes
in reply to: mdesposito2

Create 'level 3', move all level 1 based parts to level 3, move all level 2 based parts to level 1, move all level 3 based material to level 2, delete level 3. Done. 

Message 3 of 3
rosskirby
in reply to: mdesposito2

Are any of the elements on level 1 set to attach to level 2 (or reference it in any way)?  If not, you can just go into an elevation view and drag level 2 beneath level 1, then rename them.  

If there are walls, etc. from level 1 attached to level 2, you'll have to do some cutting/paste aligned to selected level after creating a new level above 2, then just delete level 1, and rename levels 2 and 3.  This, and any other method where you move elements from one level to another, will necessitate re-creating associated views, since you can't re-associate a floor plan view with a different level.  You're probably going to be better off making sure nothing is attached from level 1 to level 2, then just moving the levels.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report