Revit Architecture

Revit Architecture

2 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 1 of 3

SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE

211 Views, 2 Replies
11-17-2013 12:20 AM

Hello, I am new to autodesk, and I am not sure which software I should be using to create buildings with a sustainable design. I would like to get some advice on which software should I use, and maybe some advice on where to learn the software online. - Thanks

*Expert Elite*
1,392 Posts
131 Kudos
Post 2 of 3

Re: SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE

11-18-2013 05:42 AM in reply to: ferrari.fran7

In my opinion - I would suggest Revit. There are a lot of great features beyond the visualization.

You are able to get some starting analysis that can help make some quick decisions on your design.

You can use the model beyond the design phase and take it through construction and into facility management. 

Ultimately it depends upon what you are looking for.

I would strongly suggest getting training for Revit. It is not as easy to just 'pick up.'

You could see if any local community colleges in your area has a class on Revit. Or possibly a ATC (on of Autodesk's Authorized Training Center) 

There are some good books out there also.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
2 Posts
0 Kudos
Post 3 of 3

Re: SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE

11-19-2013 02:49 AM in reply to: LisaDrago
Thanks. This was really useful :smileyvery-happy:
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!